• MindCept

Indospace frontrunner to buy Bengaluru-based Embassy Industrial Parks, valued at Rs 1,800 crore

Industrial and warehousing parks developer Indospace has emerged as the frontrunner to acquire Bengaluru-based Embassy Industrial Parks at an enterprise value of Rs 1,800 crore.

Indospace, backed by PE fund Everstone Capital and CPPIB, signed an exclusivity agreement last week and engaged in exclusive talks for acquiring the assets, said two people aware of the developments. PE fund Warburg Pincus owns 70% stake in Embassy Industrial Parks while Bengaluru-based Embassy Group owns the remaining 30%.


ESR, a leading Asia Pacific logistics real estate platform, is another contender for the acquisition. Hong Kong-based ESR has $22 billion of assets under management and is also backed by Warburg Pincus.


With a total portfolio of 15 million sq ft, Embassy Industrial Parks is developing warehousing projects at Chakan in Pune, Hosur in Bengaluru, Farrukhnagar and Bilaspur in Delhi-NCR, Kothur in Hyderabad and Sriperumbudur in Tamil Nadu.


Embassy's industrial and warehousing development is spread across eight cities with 10 million sq ft of development completed and over 35 million sq ft of ongoing and planned development. These industrial and warehousing solutions are targeted at industry verticals like ecommerce, automobile ancillaries, FMCG and retail. Embassy, along with Blackstone, launched India's first real estate investment trust last year to raise Rs 4,750 crore through public issue. Embassy owns WeWork India, with 34 centres in six cities comprising 60,000 desks and 40,000 members.


Spokespersons from Indospace and Embassy declined to comment while mail sent to Warburg Pincus did not elicit response till press time.

With a portfolio of around 36 million sq ft across 35 logistics and industrial parks, including developed parks, Indospace has the largest network of industrial and warehousing parks in India. In 2018, IndoSpace had raised $1.2 billion through its logistics real estate fund, IndoSpace Logistic Parks III.


Indospace is backed by GLP, a global investment manager and business builder in logistics and real estate technologies, and Realterm, a $4 billion AUM global real estate operator.


Source: https://economictimes.indiatimes.com/industry/services/property-/-cstruction/indospace-in-race-to-buy-bengaluru-based-embassy-industrial-parks-valued-at-rs-1800-crore/articleshow/77579167.cms?from=mdr


11 views
Mindcept-Logo.png

© MINDCEPT CONSULTING

  • Black LinkedIn Icon

DISCLAIMER: The information contained in this website is offered for illustration purposes only and is general information. We make no representations or warranties of any kind (express or implied) with respect to the information, products, services, statements, figures, calculations, plans, images, logos, related graphics and are purely indicative in nature only. Whilst all reasonable care has been taking in providing all information, however, We or / and our related companies or/ and our representatives, consultants or / and our agents accept no responsibility for its completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability of any information contained herein for any action taken in reliance thereon by any party. Any reliance on information as contained in this website does not constitute an offer, inducement, representation, warranty or contract and may be relied upon at one’s risk and consequences.