Mumbai/Pune, 8th March 2021: The second budget of the Mahavikas Aghadi government was presented by Finance Minister Ajit Pawar today. Many important announcements have been made in this budget for the year 2021-22 and provision has also been made for the ongoing activities. The Finance Minister and the Guardian Minister of Pune have also made announcements and provisions for important projects in Pune.
1) Approval for Pune-Ahmednagar-Nashik High-Speed Railway: A 235 km long high-speed railway line will be constructed at a cost of Rs 16,139 crore.
2) Construction of eight-lane ring road in Pune: Eight lane ring road of 170 km length will be constructed at a cost of Rs 26,000 crore. For this, land acquisition work will be undertaken this year. This ring road can solve the traffic problem in Pune, said Ajit Pawar.
3) Sassoon hospital gets Rs 28.22 crore: Pawar announced that Rs 28.22 crore has been sanctioned for the construction of class 4 staff quarters at Sassoon Hospital in Pune.
4) On the Mumbai-Pune Expressway, two and a half kilometres long underpasses and two 2 kilometre long bridges are under construction at a cost of Rs 6,695 crore and it is planned to be completed by December 2022.
5) Ajit Pawar announced that another airport will be built in Pune
6) The country’s first International Sports University has been established in the state. At present, a sports complex is functioning at Balewadi in Pune district. The sports complex offers a wide range of international standard sports facilities.